Automatic Update: Microsoft release periodic updates for it’s operating system and application software’s. Windows 10 is the latest client based operating system from the house of Microsoft. Windows 10 release updates regularly, it creates many issue in normal system operation. Uses lots of data, some time arise bug reports, required system reboot etc. That’s why some user wants to stop automatic update on windows 10.
It is always recommended to keep windows 10 up-to-date. It reduce the chance of vulnerable attack and gives better performance of system. always patch your system from windows update releases. If you want to disable automatic update on windows 10 follow below steps
There are many ways to stop automatic update on windows 10
How to stop windows update from settings option.
You can disable windows update for certain period of time. It is easy way to stop windows 10 automatic update.
- Click on Start then Settings / Search Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click on Advanced Options
5. Navigate to Pause Update option and disable windows update. Here windows 10 support 35 days pause support to stop windows update.
How to Disable windows update from services option.
You can disable windows update from windows services options. You can find all windows services which are present in windows 10. You can navigate to any service to make necessary changes.
- Open run by pressing Windows + R button > Type Services.msc and hit enter button.
- or Search Services in windows Search bar to open Services Console.
- In Services Console search Windows Update
- Change Startup type: Disabled and stop the service.
How to disable windows 10 update from group policy.
Group Policy is another way to stop automatic update on windows 10. In group policy you can find thousands of system configuration policies.
- Open group policy by entering run command GPEDIT.MSC
- Open run by pressing Windows + R button
- Navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- Double click on Configure Automatic Update
- Check the Disable option. it will stop automatic update.
How to stop windows update from Registry.
Registry is little bit tricky for new users. always take backup before you made any changes in windows registry. You can stop windows 10 update from registry also.
- Press Windows+R to open Run command
- Type REGEDIT
- Navigate to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Right click on Windows > New > Key | Give name WindowsUpdate. (it will create a folder)
- Again under WindowsUpdate create a new key called AU
- Right-click the AU > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the new key NoAutoUpdate and press Enter.
- Double-click the newly created key and change its value from 0 to 1. Click the OK button.
- Restart your system.